A friend recently admired a pair of earrings I was wearing, a gift from my daughter. I remembered that I had done a drawing of them a while back, and so went looking for it through the pages of stacks of sketchbooks. When I finally found it I was surprised at how much I liked it! It was done with a travel watercolor set, a water brush, black fineliners, and a Uni-ball Signo white gel pen. The drawing really came to life when the white highlights were added. The painted earrings are on the left, the actual earrings are on the right.
- Sprinkle a little sunshine
- I love graphite — come matt or shine.
- Marian Bantjes — contemporary designer/artist/letterer
- Alexander Girard — then and now
- Dali & Hallmark?
- More holiday inspiration from great designers
- Holiday card inspiration from the greats
- All roads lead to Rome
- Unique holiday greetings make an impression!
- A poppy for Veteran’s Day
- Art history